Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Importance Of Good Hosting

If you are the owner of a domain you might been in the same situation as me. I remember when I registered my first domain online, I checked every hosting I could find to compare prices and their service. I was all new to this and did not know too much about what was important to get started.

After a couple of days I was ready to sign up with a hosting, and so I did. That domain was just left unused for a year, and then I wanted to change my hosting. That was not easy to do, and now I am very happy that I did not register more domains there.

I registered more domains at a host that does not support WordPress, but I do not need it there so it does not matter at all.

What bothers me now is the first domain that I registered to make a blog. The first problem was a few months back when I wanted to register add on domains. They wanted to charge me for hosting them, something I can get for free most other places. That made me open a new account at another hosting company.

Now I am about to sell my first blog, and what happens then? Problems again. I have tried the live support that tells me to contact someone else, and I have submitted a ticket to reseller but they can not answer my questions. Then I tried to send my email to billing, but they have 48 hours before they respond. That means 2 days for every mail.

What I am sure of now is that I was stupid and picked the wrong company for my hosting. I have 3 buyers that are ready to negotiate price, but in the worst case it will take weeks to get the answers needed from the billing department. That really is a bad feeling. I just hope my buyers will have the patience to wait.

When I signed up for my account and the domain I never planned to sell, and because of that I never considered that the situation could occur at all. Now I am in the situation and regret that I did not plan better.

I have sold a few other domains without any trouble at all with other hosting companies. What I do know now is that it is really important to pick the right hosting to avoid situations like this in the future.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Knut_Ofstbo
Knut Ofstbo - EzineArticles Expert Author

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...